I Shoe Dog: A Memoir By The Creator Of NIKE : By Phil Knight I

 I Shoe Dog: A Memoir By The Creator Of NIKE : By Phil Knight I
Do you know that every NIKE office in the world has phone number which ends with 6543 ?. why…Because on keypad if you type those numbers it spells NIKE.!!!
DO you know that Phil Knight founder of Nike wanted to name it Dimension Six instead of NIKE & He hated the word NIKE..It was named after Temple of Athena NIKE & NIKE means Victory in Greek.
DO you know the famous NIKE logo “" was deigned by just passed out designer for only $ 35..
& Phil Knight got ony $ 50 to start his business in 1962 & by the end of year his sale was $8000..( Now Nike is $ 30 Billion)
There are very few brands in the world who are associated with the words like “Identity“ & ”Winning”.Nike is certainly one of them. It’s the brand which defines Cool & Innovation. But most of us know about all the major founders of all the big corporations like Apple,Google,Yahoo..etc but we really don’t know about founder of NIKE Phil Knight.
This book made me cry. Twice.We heard the stories & tips of how great business succeed but we don’t know what actually going on the personal & emotional front of the founder of business.
Phil Knight bares it all.He tells you all his imperfections, fears & failures. He had a very quirky team who helped him to build the empire. He almost got arrested two times. This book is telly us the Ups & downs he faced while running the business..
He stresses the fact that if you want to anything in life Give it all you have. He regret the fact that while being busy in business his own son distanced from him & died in diving accident.
The Last 10-12 pages of books are the most important pages you ever will read in life. He makes you cry but at the same time he inspires you, uplifts you.
To sum it up I would like to quote Phil Knight when introduced NIKE to Investment BANKERS before going public
“THE COWARDS NEVER STARTED AND THE WEAK DIED ALONG THE WAY.”… That leaves us, ladies and gentlemen. Us –Phil Knight.
READ ITTTTTTTTTT !!!
Rating : 5/5 ЁЯСКЁЯСКЁЯСКЁЯСКЁЯСК

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I рдирд╕ीрд░ुрдж्рджीрди рд╢ाрд╣ рдЖрдгि рдордЧ рдПрдХ рджिрд╡рд╕ - рд╕рдИ рдкрд░ांрдЬрдкे I

I Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson I

I The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross I