I नसीरुद्दीन शाह आणि मग एक दिवस - सई परांजपे I

I नसीरुद्दीन शाह आणि मग एक दिवस - सई परांजपे I

Naseeruddin Shah is considered one of the finest actors of our time & my favorite too ( Obviously- A Wednesday ).
So i have picked up this translated autobiography of him.
In this lucid book he reveals that how hard it was of him to become actor in those times where it was not appropriate career choice considering his strict father who happens to be government servant.
He was very poor at studies but very good at cricket & rehearsing long paragraphs of plays so he become star in school & college scene.Then even after against everyone in his family he took admission in NSD & then FTII.
He has very daring shared all his mistakes,demons & anxieties which makes this a very interesting read like he married at the age of 19 ! , took drugs & had several affairs & intimate encounters.He even slept on footpath & buststations.Reading about his struggle will make you feel for him.
He talks in depth about his acting process (gets very angry when some one says its Method Acting.though it is actually ! ). He also tales & shouts that best actors in the world are Sr.Shriram Lagoo & Dr.Mohan Agashe !!
This books covers wide ranging issues in plays & film industry some of the stories are very surprising.
Its one time interesting read about a acting genius of India.
Rating : 2.5/5 👊👊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson I

I The Industries of the Future by Alec Ross I